This course is intended for IT Professionals who are interested in SharePoint 2010 administration, including experienced administrators and those new to SharePoint.
In addition, architects, power users, content creators, project managers, information management specialists and compliance specialists will all benefit from attending this course.
NOTE: This course is also available for SharePoint 2016: SharePoint 2016 Server Administrator.
Delegates must have experience working as an IT professional in a Windows network environment. Familiarity with Internet Information Services, Active Directory and SQL Server is highly desirable.
It is recommended, but not required, that delegates have user-level experience with any version SharePoint. Attending our SharePoint for End Users course or SharePoint for Power Users course will provide delegates with this previous experience, enabling them to get the most out of this SharePoint administration course.
5 days. Hands on.
This course is available on site only. Please call for details.
At the end of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the architecture of SharePoint Server 2010 technologies
- Understand the difference between Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2010
- Plan a SharePoint Server 2010 portal deployment
- Install Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2010 on a single server topology
- Install Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2010 on a server farm topology
- Secure a SharePoint Server 2010 portal
- Manage Shared Service Providers
- Manage Personal Sites
- Manage User Profiles and Targeting
- Implement document and content management
- Implement search and indexing
- Plan a disaster recovery strategy
- Backing up and restoring portal and team sites
What's new in SharePoint 2010
The New and Improved User Experience
Architecture and Capacity Planning
Installing and Configuring SharePoint 2010
Upgrading from previous versions to 2010
Using the New Central Administration
Understanding the Service Application Architecture
Securing and Managing Site Content
Claims Based Authentication
Administering SharePoint 2010 with Windows PowerShell
Managing Navigation and Understanding Governance
Configuring SharePoint 2010 for High Availability Backups
Using Features and Solutions packages
Configuring and Managing Enterprise Search
Monitoring SharePoint 2010
Managed Metadata Service Applications
Social Computing and SharePoint 2010
Installing the Office 2010 clients with SharePoint 2010
The Office Web Applications
PerformancePoint Services and Business Intelligence
New Content Management Capabilities in SharePoint 2010
Working With SharePoint Designer 2010
Business Connectivity Services in SharePoint 2010
Building Workflows in SharePoint 2010