Are you looking to move into a senior role in your test team? Accredit your test management skills!
The ISTQB Advanced Test Manager Certificate is aimed at:
- Test Team Leads and Test Managers wanting to improve their test management skills.
- Experienced Testers wanting to progress into a test management role.
- Testers wanting to accredit their test management skills for recognition among employers, clients and peers.
This course is designed for testers looking to play a more senior role in software testing. The ISTQB Advanced Test Manager course builds on your foundation knowledge with advanced skills in managing a test team to deliver a successful software testing project at any level.
In this interactive course, you will learn the practical applications of risk-based testing, creating estimates, and managing your own test program. Learn how to manage stakeholders and form a testing team with the right skills and competencies to ensure effective resourcing. Gain an understanding of frameworks to enable reviews and test process improvement.
Acquire all the information needed to sit the ISTQB Advanced Test Manager exam.
- Manage testing projects by implementing the mission, goals and testing processes.
- Organise and lead risk identification and analysis sessions.
- Create and implement test plans consistent with organisational policies.
- Monitor and control the test activities to achieve project objectives.
- Assess and report relevant and timely test status to project stakeholders.
- Identify skills and resource gaps in the test team and participate in sourcing adequate resources.
- Identify and plan necessary skills development within the test team.
- Propose a business case for test activities outlining the costs and benefits.
- Ensure proper communication within the test team and stakeholders.
- Participate in and lead test process improvement initiatives.
The Test Manager Certificate Examination is 3 hours in duration, based on 65 multiple-choice questions. Candidates are required to achieve a pass mark of 65%.The examination is separate from the 5 day course and sat on a different day.
Test planning, monitoring and control
Testing in the software lifecycle
Analyse test needs
Test team dynamics
Testing within an organisation
Business value of testing
Factors affecting estimates
Test Tools and Automation
Test tools strategies
Use of test tools
Use of metrics in reviews
Selecting appropriate review types
Analysis and Design
Managing analysis and design tasks
Implementing and Execution
Test execution scheduling
Defect data and classification
Reporting on defects
Evaluating Exit Criteria and Reporting
Test progress reporting
Test summary reports
Test closure activities
Test Improvement Process
Test process improvement plans
Example improvement models