ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst Certificate is designed for:
- Experienced Test Analysts wanting to advance their hands-on testing skills
- Test Managers needing a better understanding of advanced test design skills
- Testers seeking advanced-level accreditation for recognition among employers, clients and peers
Candidates wishing to participate in the ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst course must possess the ISTQB Foundation Certificate and at least 2 years practical testing experience.
Wanting to take your testing skills to the next level? Build upon your ISTQB Foundation studies and gain advanced testing techniques to add more value to your projects.
This ISTQB® Advanced Test Analyst course will help you deliver better test analysis and design. You’ll learn how to apply test design techniques in real-world situations, gaining competency in the essential principles of test design specification and outcome-driven test activities.
- Describe the responsibilities for the test analyst in all aspects of test management
- Understand test analysts involvement in different software development lifecycles
- Use review checklists to analyse requirements specifications, use cases or user stories and identify problems
- Participate in risk management activities
- Perform the appropriate test analysis and design tasks based on the project description and the software development lifecycle being used
- Recall the main activities of test analysis and design
- Recall the main components of test implementation and execution
- Determine the steps and considerations that should be taken when executing tests
- Explain the use of test tools
- Understand the importance of designing and implementing a defect classification scheme
- Understand the main components of evaluating exit criteria, reporting and test closure
- Write test cases using specification-based techniques to achieve a defined level of coverage
- Describe defect-based and experienced-based techniques
- Determine and apply appropriate test techniques to meet specified goals
- Exemplify the appropriate techniques to test quality attributes for business domain testing
What is included with this course?
- On the rare occasion a student doesn’t pass, they can re-attend the course for FREE within 6 months (excludes exam re-sits)
- 3 days of classroom training with a certified industry professional
- Full catering is provided including morning tea, lunch afternoon tea
- 250+ page comprehensive course manual
- Pass first time with our exam revision questions, live revision sessions and online tutorials
- 6 months access to the Online course - extensions are only £100 for an additional 3 months
- Opt-in for our Career Assistance Program (CAP) to access resources for improving your hiring prospects and gain direct entry into the hiring process
At the end of the ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst course, candidates are assessed with a 3 hour closed book, 60-question multiple choice exam. Candidates are required to achieve a minimum pass mark of 65%. The examination is sat separately from the course and is independently administered and assessed.
Test Management: Responsibilities for the Test Analyst
Test Analysis and Design
Test Implementation and Execution
Evaluating Exit Criteria, Reporting and Test Closure
Testing Software Quality Characteristics