This course is applicable to both technical and business personnel. It provides a general foundation in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and addresses a wide range of enterprise elements and job roles.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
This course is available on site only. Please call for details.
This course will introduce you to SOA, one of the most popular business initiatives among corporations and government organisations today. Service Oriented Architecture provides a more agile and comprehensive way to integrate information systems and businesses processes than more traditional approaches. Students will be exposed to a broad range of enterprise SOA subjects, providing a solid foundational understanding of both business and technology elements of SOA. Concepts in this workshop are re-enforced through a combination of group discussion, class exercises, case study explorations, and daily reviews.
- Gain an understanding of Service Oriented Architecture.
- Learn the importance of BPM and governance to a successful SOA.
- Explore the technology and business impacts of SOA.
- Understand the SOA value proposition.
- Learn the lifecycle for services and understand the challenges.
- Gain a knowledge of security, testing, and information management within SOA.
- Explore the relative maturity of SOA and models for gauging the maturity of an organization’s SOA initiative.
SOA Value Proposition.
Enterprise Service Bus (ESB).
SOA Information Management.
Business Process Management (BPM).
SOA Service Lifecycle.
Service Oriented Analysis and Design (SOAD).
Challenges, Risks, and SOA Governance.
SOA Maturity Models.