This course is for database and administrators involved in IMS data integrity implementation.
Senior application developers may benefit from this class, especially in relation to HALDB.
Delegates are required to have:
- An understand of Basic IMS concepts.
- An understanding of the IMS environment (online, batch, and database utilities).
- A working knowledge of the installations IMS system.
- A background in the administration of the IMS databases and system.
- Familiarity with z/OS control programs.
- Knowledge of VSAM KSDS file structure and VSAM Access Method Services (AMS).
4 days. Hands on.
This course is available on site only. Please call for details.
To learn about all aspects of the DBRC function of IMS.
The theoretical knowledge will be reinforced by lab exercises based on a listing of production RECON and access to a test system RECON.
Installation and setup.
Log and database registration.
Utility interaction - backup, recovery and reorganisation.
Database sharing control.
HALDB implementation and migration.
Use of GENJCL.
DBRC in production.
RECON maintenance, backup and recovery.
DBRC problem diagnosis and resolution.
DBRC API exploitation.