This course is most suited for IT professionals who have a need to understand the current requirements and core competences for managing IT in mission-critical environments. It is best suited for participants who have between two and four years of actual working experience in IT, with knowledge of systems, network and/or applications, service desk operations and/or IT professionals working in the position of team leader/supervisor/ manager in any area of IT. This includes those individuals working in the field of sales and consultancy with solution providers.
To gain the most from this course, the participant should have two to four years of actual working experience in IT.
This class is taught virtually, please click here for more information about our virtual courses.
CITS is the second course in the EPI IT Training Framework. The CITS course is aligned with competence level-3 of the e-CF. CITS is a 3-day course designed to teach the skills, knowledge and competencies required of the modern IT specialist working at the senior professional, team-leader, supervisor or management level in IT management. Candidates who successfully complete the course and pass the CITS exam will be awarded the globally recognised CITS credential. This will prove that they have gained the competences required to provide leadership and take responsibility for team performances and development in unpredictable environments, using innovative methods. They will be able to place themselves above their peers, delivering added value to their organisations.
After completion of the course the participant will be able to:
- Provide guidance and implementation for IT strategy as set by senior IT and business management
- Select and manage staff, implement training programs, career plan development and job rotation programs
- Select, evaluate and negotiate vendors using RFI, RFP and selection criteria
- Provide guidance for developing, testing and implementing business applications
- Manage and/or assist in IT project management
- Design and implement service management processes for incident, problem and change management
- Understand the need for business continuity and design the business continuity plan
- Review and implement information security practices and controls
- Assist and initiate risk management practices
- Understand and select new technologies such as cloud computing, big data, Internet of Things and social media to support business change demands
- Select strategies for information management
- Measure and improve quality of IT services
The need for Information Technology
Service level management
Roles and responsibilities
Training / job rotation
Vendor Selection / Management
The importance of vendors
Request For Information (RFI)
Request For Proposal (RFP)
Vendor reference checks
Starting up / initiating
Planning / initiation a project
Work / Product Breakdown Structure
PERT diagram / Gantt chart
Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
Software Quality Assurance (SQA)
Business Continuity Management
Standards and guidelines
Roles and responsibilities
Resources and competences
Awareness and communication
Business Impact Analysis
Monitoring and control
Information Security Management
Guideline for controls selection
Information security awareness
Security incident response
Information and Knowledge Management
Information management - technologies
Data management - technologies
Best practices in data governance
Pitfalls in data governance
Business Change Management
Frameworks, models and techniques
Social media / digital marketing
Internet of Things (IoT)
Standards, guidelines and frameworks
Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
Scorecards and reports
The exam is a 75-minute closed-book exam, with 50 multiple-choice questions. The candidate requires a minimum of 35 correct answers to pass the exam. Candidates who successfully pass the exam will receive the official ‘Certified Information Technology Specialist’ certificate.
The CITS certificate is valid for 3 years, after which recertification is required.
CITS is world-wide accredited by EXIN.