This beginner level hardware support course is intended for personnel who service and support the following Sun T-Series servers:
Delegates must bring their own laptop to this course.
To attend this course delegates must have completed Sun Midrange Servers.
Upon completion of this course delegates will be able to:
- Identify the different components and their functions
- Connect to the systems with their laptops
- Use output from power on Self Test to diagnose hardware problems
- Control system behaviour in pre-boot state (Open Boot Prom)
- Select or search for bootable devices
- Use the Open Boot Prom command line interface to retrieve system information
- Access and interpret Solaris error message logs and configuration information
- Collect Solaris behaviour data for analysis
- Perform replacement procedures with the aid of vendor manuals
Delegates will be provided with printed course handouts and a CD containing reference materials. URLs for public domain manuals will be supplied during the course.
Identification and introduction to the Sun range of T-Series 4-2 Enterprise servers
Theory of operation
Local connectivity to the extended system control facility
Field replaceable unit removal & installation procedures
Identification and isolation of hardware issues
Use of error logs, behaviour data and Solaris utilities