This beginner level hardware support course is intended for personnel who service and support the following HP ProLiant servers:
- HP DL360 G5
- HP DL380 G5
- HP DL580 G5
Delegates must bring their own laptop to this course.
No prior knowledge of HP ProLiant servers is required.
Upon completion of this course delegates will be able to:
- Identify the different components and their functions in the HP Systems
- Connect to the servers with their laptops to diagnose problems
- Access diagnostic menus to test the servers and analyse error messages
- Collect advanced error information for analysis
- Download firmware and upgrade hardware microcode
Delegates will be provided with printed course handouts and a CD containing reference materials.
Identification and introduction to the HP ProLiant DL range of servers
Theory of operation and connectivity
Removal & installation procedures
Identification and isolation of hardware faults
Use of diagnostics and management utilities