This beginner level hardware support course is intended for personnel who service and support the following HP 9000 systems:
- HP 9000 D-Class
- HP 9000 K-Class
- HP 9000 RP5400
- HP 9000 RX2660
Delegates must bring their own laptop to this course.
No prior knowledge of HP 9000 systems is required.
Upon completion of this course delegates will be able to:
- Identify the different components and their functions in the HP Systems
- Connect to the servers with their laptops to diagnose problems
- Select or search for bootable devices from the menus
- Use the command line interface to retrieve system information
- Access diagnostic menus to test the servers and analyse error messages
- Collect advanced error information for analysis
- Perform concurrent replacement procedures with the aid of the server manuals
- Configure new hardware while the system is active
- Use System Administration Manager to assist in managing the server
- Download firmware and upgrade hardware microcode
Delegates will be provided with printed course handouts and a CD containing reference materials.
Identification and introduction to the HP9000 range of servers
Theory of operation and connectivity
Removal & installation procedures
Identification and isolation of hardware faults
Use of diagnostics and management utilities