This intermediate-level course is for:
- Administrators who are new to NetView for z/OS
- Administrators who are moving to version 6.1 from a previous version
You must be familiar with networking concepts and practices and the techniques for monitoring a complex environment.
Familiarity with previous versions of NetView is helpful, but not required.
IBM Tivoli NetView for z/OS helps you maintain the highest degree of availability of your System z networks. It offers an extensive set of tools for managing and maintaining complex, multivendor, multiplatform networks and systems from a single point of control.
NetView for z/OS 6.1 Fundamentals covers the key concepts, components, and user interfaces associated with NetView for z/OS 6.1.
Lectures are supplemented with hands-on exercises.
- Describe the NetView key components and tasks
- Describe key functions
- Navigate these user interfaces: 3270 and TEP
- Use NetView commands
- Explain these user interfaces: NMC and web application
- Customize by using CNMSTYLE, style sheets, and reporting
- Explain basic IP management functions and System z networking
- Identify the data that is integrated from OMEGAMON XE products
Unit 1: IBM Tivoli NetView basics
Lesson 1: NetView for z/OS overview
Lesson 2: NetView packaging and installation
Lesson 3: NetView structure and components
Lesson 4: NetView application procedure parameters and datasets
Lesson 5: The 3270 interface
Lesson 6: Customizing NetView using CNMSTYLE
Lesson 7: CNMSTYLE Report Generator
Lesson 8: NetView administration
Lesson 9: IP management
Unit 2: NetView user interfaces and product integration
Lesson 1: NetView web interface
Lesson 2: NetView Web Services Gateway
Lesson 3: NetView Management Console (NMC) interface
Lesson 4: NetView Enterprise Management Agent
Lesson 5: Tivoli Enterprise Portal
Lesson 6: NetView product integration with IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE products
Lesson 7: Tivoli Enterprise Portal security