This intermediate-level course is for Administrators who are new to NetView for z/OS or are moving to version 6.1 from a previous version. SA z/OS customers who want to learn about NetView automation and customers who want an in-depth introduction to NetView automation will also benefit from this course.
You must be familiar with networking concepts and practices and the techniques for monitoring a complex environment.
Familiarity with previous versions of NetView is helpful, but not required.
IBM Tivoli NetView for z/OS helps you maintain the highest degree of availability of your System z networks. It offers an extensive set of tools for managing and maintaining complex, multivendor, multiplatform networks and systems from a single point of control.
- Identify event types that can be processed and the way that they arrive in NetView for z/OS
- Identify what actions are possible and where they can be routed
- Describe the functions provided by the message processing facility (MPF), the message revision table (MRT), and the command revision table (CRT)
- Implement Automation Table statements to automate messages
- Structure the Automation Table
- Manage the Automation Table
- Describe how to improve the efficiency of an Automation Table
- Use NetView timers to proactively monitor resources
Unit 1: Introduction to NetView automation
Lesson 1: Overview of automation concepts
Lesson 2: Events and tasks
Unit 2: Message Automation topics
Lesson 1: NetView and z/OS messages
Lesson 2: Extended Message Management
Lesson 3: Message Assignments
Unit 3: NetView commands to facilitate automation
Lesson 1: NetView-to-NetView communication
Lesson 2: Command routing
Lesson 3: Timer commands
Lesson 4: z/OS command management
Unit 4: Managing the NetView Automation Table
Lesson 1: Automation Table overview
Lesson 2: Automation Table management
Unit 5: NetView Automation Table coding
Lesson 1: Automation Table coding
Lesson 2: Management Services Units (MSUs)