This course is for users of IBM System Automation for z/OS and IBM Automation Control for z/OS, especially operators, administrators, and system programmers.
Before attending this course you should have:
- Basic z/OS operations skills
- Basic NetView skills (helpful but not required)
- Completed IBM System Automation for z/OS 4.1 Architecture - SM917G, or have equivalent skills
4 days. Hands on.
This course introduces and explains the System Automation for z/OS® (SA z/OS) commands that are used for system operations. In this course, the System Automation for z/OS automation manager and automation agent run in a z/OS 2.2 environment. The automation platform, Tivoli® NetView for z/OS is at version 6 release 2. The course uses several automation scenarios in single and multisystem configurations to demonstrate the concepts that are taught in the lessons. This training class is delivered in an environment with multiple opportunities for hands-on lab exercises.
When you complete this course, you can use IBM System Automation for z/OS 4.1 or IBM Automation Control for z/OS to perform the following tasks:
- Start and stop automated resources
- Monitor and control automated resources
- IPL and shut down systems and an SAplex