The audience will ideally comprise architects and administrators from both customer and business partner organisations. Security personnel may also benefit from this course if they are to be involved with the administration of IBM App Connect Enterprise (formerly IBM Integration Bus) security, but they should already be familiar with the concepts of messaging and web services in particular as it applies to IBM ACE.
It is NOT suitable for a novice to attend this course.
Students should be experienced IBM App Connect Enterprise or security personnel who have been identified as requiring the ability to set up and customise the IBM ACE security infrastructure.
The major prerequisite skill is in-depth knowledge of IBM ACE administration.
The following additional skills will also be very helpful:
- Knowledge of security concepts
- Knowledge of IBM MQ
- Knowledge of Web services (optional)
This course is available on site only. Please call for details.
The purpose of this course is to provide attendees with a detailed understanding of the requirements for creating a secure IBM App Connect Enterprise environment and the techniques for its implementation. This is achieved through a series of lecture sessions. It is expected that students will use these techniques to secure their own ACE environments.
After completing this course delegates will be able to:
- Define the following security concepts:
- Encryption and decryption
- Data integrity
- Describe how Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) works
- Implement SSL in IBM ACE
- Secure MQ objects using the OAM
- Configure security for IBM ACE administration
- Understand the differences between IBM ACE versions in terms of security administration
- Understand context security and the use of alternate user authority
Overview of security concepts and facilities in MQ
Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) explained
Implementing SSL in IBM ACE
Securing the administration of IBM ACE
Object Authority Manager (OAM)
Security administration - differences between IBM ACE versions