This advanced course is designed for CICS system programmers and installers responsible for installing, configuring, operating, or planning CICSPlex SM.
Delegates should understand or have previous experience with:
- Control facilities within CICS TS.
- Intersystem facilities provided by CICS TS.
- CICSPlex System Manager Infrastructure functions.
Course material is delivered through a combination of lecture presentations and practical exercises.
This course is available on site only. Please call for details.
This four day, instructor-led, advanced-level course teaches delegates how to install, configure, and use CICS TS System Manager components and functions.
The course begins by covering the installation process for CICSPlex System Manager (CICSPlex SM), how to configure and start a CICSPlex Managing Address Space (CMAS) and the web user interface (WUI) server, and how to use the CICS Explorer. Throughout the course, students learn about the interfaces supplied by the product, such as the WUI, application programming interface (API), and batch repository utility (BATCHREP).
Delegates learn how to configure and control each of the functional components of CICSPlex SM, including topology (TOP), Workload Manager (WLM), real-time analysis (RTA), monitor (MON), and Business Application Services (BAS). The course also covers how to define CICS Manager Address Spaces, and provides an overview of the security environment needed by CICSPlex SM, including the external security manager (ESM) RACF definitions.
Hands on exercises throughout the course enable attendees to apply their newly acquired CICS administration skills. These include implementing and customizing the WUI server, viewing RTA events and BAS resources with the CICS Explorer, and using the WUI to perform a number of tasks, such as creating and managing a CICSPlex, defining and managing monitor and RTA definitions, and defining and installing CICS resources.
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Install CICSPlex System Manager.
- Describe and use the web user interface (WUI) provided by CISPlex System Manager.
- Configure and define CICSPlexes and associated CMAS environments using the WUI.
- Define and use the CICS Explorer configured with the CMCI connected to a CICSplex.
- Define CICS systems to CICSPlex System Manager using the WUI.
- Manage the operations of a CICSplex of CICS systems using the WUI.
- Create definition records to be used as directives by CICSPlex System Manager applications, such as Workload Manager, real-time analysis, and Monitor Services.
- Use CICSPlex System Manager commands to view the data provided by CICSPlex System Manager applications and to dynamically manage them.
- Use the BAS to create and manage CICS resources through application scopes.
- Use the WUI editor facilities to define WUI views, menus, users, and user groups, and to edit favorites.
- Describe the CPSM API and BATCHREP.
- Describe and implement the security facilities provided by CICSPlex System Manager.
CICSPlex System Manager installation
Exercise: CICSPlex SM installation procedure.
CICSPlex SM configuration, WUI implementation, and CICS Explorer
Exercise: CICSPlex SM configuration, WUI implementation, and CICS Explorer.
CICSPlex System Manager topology and operations services
Exercise: CICSPlex SM topology and operations.
CICSPlex SM WUI customization
Exercise: CICSPlex SM WUI customization.
CICSPlex System Manager Workload Manager
Exercise: CICSPlex SM WLM definitions.
CICSPlex System Manager RTA and monitoring
Exercise: CICSPlex SM RTA and monitoring definitions.
Business Application Services (BAS)
Exercise: CICSPlex SM BAS definitions.
CICSPlex SM security, miscellaneous services, and the API