This course is ideal for systems and applications programmers who need to understand the new functions and practical changes made to CICS, as introduced in version 4.
Project managers and systems designers working with CICS will also benefit.
Course content covers the changes introduced in all previous release of CICS, right up to the latest 4.x version.
A good knowledge of CICS functionality is required.
3 days. Hands on.
This course is available on site only. Please call for details.
After attending this course delegates will:
- Understand the new functionality of CICS 4.x.
- Appreciate the new and changed system initialisation parameters.
- Recognise the changes made to messages and other external aspects of CICS.
- Know and use the new and changed supplied transactions.
- Appreciate the changes made to resource definitions.
- Be aware of the changes to the various programming interfaces.
- Be confident using the new features of 4.x, such as:
- Event processing.
- Atom feeds.
- Service component architecture support and CICS Bundles.
- Resource signatures.
- CICS explorer and transaction routing over TCP/IP.
Version 4 Release 1.
Version 4 Release 2.
System Initialisation Table Parameters.
CICS as a Server.
CICS as a Client.
CICS Management Client Interface (CMCI).