This basic course is ideal for anyone who needs to write, support or understand SQL queries. This audience includes but is not limited to end-users, programmers, application designers, database administrators and system administrators who do not yet have knowledge of the SQL Data Manipulation Language (DML).
This course is appropriate for personnel working in any DB2 environment. That is, z/OS, VM/VSE, iSeries, Linux, UNIX and Windows. It is also appropriate for those working in an Informix environment.
Delegates should have basic computer literacy and editing skills.
Database skills are not required.
This course provides an introduction to the SQL language.
Course objectives include:
- Code SQL statements to retrieve data from a DB2 or Informix table, including the SELECT, FROM, WHERE, GROUP BY, HAVING and ORDER BY clauses.
- Code inner joins and non-correlated subqueries.
- Use SQL arithmetic operations.
- Use scalar and column functions.
- Use UNION and UNION ALL.
- INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE rows.
- Code simple CREATE TABLE and CREATE VIEW statements.
Simple SQL Queries.
Retrieving Data from Multiple Tables.
Scalar Functions and Arithmetic.
Column Functions and Grouping.
UNION and UNION ALL.