This course is designed for analysts, developers and project managers who want to understand the value of Rational Rose to improve communications among team members through the use of standard language (UML), expose software development problems early and to manager software complexity.
Students will be expected to have basic UML knowledge along with some knowledge of OO concepts.
Some understanding of the Rational Unified Process would be advantageous.
2 days. Hands on.
This course is available on site only. Please call for details.
Upon completion of the course, students will:
- Have used the Rational Rose tool Extensively.
- Understand the importance of setting up and using Rational Rose in a team.
- Have created several diagrams to gain basic modelling skills.
- Understand when and why specific diagrams are modelled.
- Have run several Rational Rose reports to identify model problems.
- Have run some Rose scripts to demonstrate this powerful scripting language.
- Know the other resources available to them.
Review of the UML.
Rational Rose concepts.
Rational Rose Basics
Use case diagrams.
Round trip engineering.
Team Based System Development